Ask again, yes : a novel / Mary Beth Keane.
- 0 of 1 copy available at New Castle Public Library.
- 0 of 2 copies available at Lawrence County Federated Library System.
0 current holds with 2 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Status||Due Date|
|New Castle Public Library||Fic Keane (Text)||31902005353602||NWCM Fiction||Checked Out||03/04/2020|
|Purchased with Funds Provided by the Friends of the Library. (NWC)|
- ISBN: 9781982106980 (hardcover)
- ISBN: 1982106980 (hardcover)
- Physical Description: 390 pages ; 24 cm
- Edition: First Scribner hardcover edition.
- Publisher: New York : Scribner, 2019.
Francis Gleeson and Brian Stanhope, two rookie cops in the NYPD, live next door to each other outside the city. What happens behind closed doors in both houses - the loneliness of Francis's wife, Lena, and the instability of Brian's wife, Anne - sets the stage for the explosive events to come. Ask Again, Yes is a deeply affecting exploration of the lifelong friendship and love that blossoms between Francis and Lena's daughter, Kate, and Brian and Anne's son, Peter. It reveals the way childhood memories change when viewed from the distance of adulthood - villains lose their menace and those who appeared innocent seem less so. Kate and Peter's love story, while tested by echoes from the past, is marked by tenderness, generosity, and grace.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Life change events > Fiction.
Forgiveness > Fiction.
Man-woman relationships > Fiction.